Monday 12 May 2014

Major Mukund, another name for sacrifice


Sorry for the interruption.  You are probably busy with your routine chores.  Or entangled with the ongoing  Lok Sabha polls. Or may be wondering why Mumbai Indians are displaying a pathetic show in the current IPL 7th Edition.  The endless tirades and counter-tirades between Modi and Rahul.   Actor-Politician Siranjeev bids to jump the polling queue……




Major Mukund, the true hero

Spare a moment.  You may be aware of the recent news of the death of Maj. Mukund Varadarajan.  On 27/04/2014, the nation bid adieu to the brave Major Mukund. The 31-year old was at the call of duty, when he was killed in a terrorist encounter at Kashmir.  Unmindful of the hardships and dangers, he pursued the path of duty. A martyr, a hero, Maj. Mukund will be remembered for his great sacrifice.  He is a great source of inspiration for a selfless generation to come.

We all experience loss of somebody extremely dear at different times in our lives.  It was a touching moment when the martyr’s three-year old daughter, Arshreya, was asked to say “Good night and Good bye” to her father as the cortege left the house for the final abode.  A family broken apart.  Parents lost their beloved son, wife lost her loving husband and daughter lost her father.  The parents must be saluted for gifting the nation a brave son. It is perfectly understandable about the predicaments of the family.

“He was crazy about being in the Army and fighting from when he was three.  I have lost my son but I am proud he lay down his life for the country” reportedly said a composed R. Varadarajan, father of Major Mukund.

I, like many of my fellow citizens, owe my peaceful breathe to great souls like the Major Mukund, and  often taken for granted by many of us. 

Mr. Abdul Ghani, a social activist, is initiating a five-minute film as a tribute to Major Mukund depicting his selfless contributions to the nation, followed by prayers and eminent people addressing the family. The event will be held on 20/05/2014 at Chinmaya Mission, Chennai.

Tamilnadu should name an important junction in Chennai in memory of this brave hero so that the future generations will come to know about him and his selfless sacrifice to the cause of this nation.

Salute to the great officer who laid his today for our tomorrow.
May his soul Rest in Peace!

A word of anguish

Media could have bestowed a better coverage and prominence.  Crimes and scams always grab the headlines.  Sensationalism is the divine clause of the media in reserving the space.  In  fact the front page, of late, doesn’t belong to the newspaper front page, rather the entire page is sold to the advertisers.


A Heartrending Poem by Indhu Rebecca Varghese W/o. Major Mukund Varadarajan

There lived a man who loved me with all his heart...
There lived a man who fathered my child....
There lived a man who believed in integrity....
There lived a man who loved his profession....
There lived a man who never feigned to be a hero....
There lived a man who was my soul....
There lived a man with a heart full of generosity...
There lived a man who revealed all to me....
There lived a man who loved me with his life.....

But .....now I wait.....
for he is with god..
I know this for sure..
One day I will meet him...
I know this for sure...
And he will give me that warm strong hug of his
I know this for sure...
And I will not complain that I can't breath
I know this for sure
You can hug me..hug me all you want....



No comments:

Post a Comment